Monday, August 9, 2010

Between the switch of the light...

Hey folks!

...and the start of the dream - that's the chorus of one of my favorite songs. Right now, sitting in my bed, going over some last itinerary details before leaving for Singapore tomorrow evening, I feel exactly like this.

Some when in the last week, for the first time I got a little nervous because of the Youth Olympic Games. Up to this point, I thought that I have seen a bit and been around quite a bit, so feeling nervous for a sports event was definitely nothing to consider. However, now with constant reports and bulletins coming from Singapore, for the first time I grasp the magnitude of this project. I mean, if you take even the most basic facts, they got something like this:

I will be representing my country at the first new Olympic event since 1924, working with 16 of the most promising Austrian athletes. Period. So yeah, I hope you can somehow understand why I get some goosebumps thinking about it.

So here we are. Seven months have passed since I was named "Young Ambassador", five months since I have been to Singapore to be prepared to the challenge ahead. I've been waiting long enough for this moment, I've been working hard to live up to my role as a Young Ambassador and now it is time for the Games to start. The light's been switched of - so let the dream begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment