Monday, June 14, 2010

Tales from the Diplomatic Corps 12

Hey folks!

Since Paraguay just scored against Italy, one of my favorites, I thought it was time to work off some stuff I'm terribly late on. In this particular case, it really is a pity, since my memory with Sofia Irala is one of my most cherished ones from the six days in Singapore. And once again, it has nothing to do with breaking out of prison together, but rather with a very small, yet beautiful incident.

Although Singapore is a rather small state (it's ranked somewhere between Toronto and Hamburg), you can definitely spend a lot of time on the road. When being introduced to the various CEP activities Singapore has in store for the athletes in August, we drove all over town on our comfortable bus. And apart from the first trip, when the inimitable Jed got a new hairstyle, those trips weren't filled with too much action.

Coincidence (or maybe destiny? [Insert Danny Elfman-like musical theme here]) had it that on most trips, I was sitting next to or somewhere near Sofia. One thing you should know about me is that I always, always, ALWAYS have my mp3-player with me. It's just that nothing can beat the feeling moving in a bus or car and listening to some inspiring tunes. Except for one thing: Having somebody to listen to it with you!

So during our time in Singapore, Sofia and I would sit on the bus and just play music to each other and talk about God and his brother. On top of this site, you find a selection of five songs that I still remember listening to with her.

-) When listening to Tabaco y Chanel, she told me that I so have to learn to dance Salsa
-) When listening to Bella, I tried to translate the lyrics to her, always hoping Fabrizia wouldn't hear my embarrassing efforts.
-) When listening to Words on Logs, I showed her what my home town sounds like
-) When listening to Always, we remembered what being young sounded like
-) When listening to Mala Vida, I told her the story about saying: "Tu me estas dando mala vida" to a girl I fancied.

The whole time in Singapore, we continued having the most awesome conversations. Not about anything worldshaking. Just about stuff: About hobbies, about friends, about injured strikers and about dreams. In short: About what life is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment